Welcome to the Waves guide to updating Waves licenses and software to V10. Here you can learn how to identify your Waves license version and its Waves Update Plan status, how to purchase coverage if needed, and how to properly update your licenses and software to Version 10.
As in any software installation, check that your computer and operating system meet the system requirements here, and that your audio host software version is supported in V10 here.
If either does not meet these requirements, we do not recommend you install the latest version. You can use these pages to identify which version is right for you and download that version from our legacy versions page.
Next, let’s take a look at the versions you currently own, and their Waves Update Plan coverage status.
- Go to Waves.com and click “Log In” at the top right corner of your screen; type in your credentials and log in.
- Click “My Products”. In the example shown in the above video, the account includes:
Looking at the Waves Update Plan column, one V9 license is covered by the Waves Update Plan and has a “Get latest version” link. The other V9 license is no longer covered by the Waves Update Plan and therefore has a different link: “Renew Coverage.” This means that if you want to update this license to V10, you will need to purchase Waves Update Plan coverage. Learn more about the benefits of the Waves Update Plan here.
- a. One new V10 license that has just been purchased: no need to update here. (If all your licenses are V10, go straight to the Download page where you can download Waves Central to install and activate your plugins: In other words, skip to Step #9 below)
- b. Two V9 licenses.
- To purchase Waves Update Plan coverage, so you can update your uncovered V9 license to V10, click “Renew Coverage”
- Confirm that you are using these licenses on one machine by checking the license with the expired Waves Update Plan.
- Click “Buy Now” and fill in your credit card details.
- Go back to “My Products". As you can see in the above video, now that we've added Waves Update Plan coverage to the Gold license, we have the same “Get Latest Version” link under the update plan column on both licenses.
- Click “Get Latest Version”.
- In the next page, checkmark both products and then “Get Latest Version”.
- A new page loads with a link to Install and Activate Your Products. Here you can download the latest version of the Waves Central application.
- Click to download Waves Central for Mac or PC.
If you already have Waves Central installed, please make sure it is the latest version. If not, simply replace it with the latest version available on this page.
- The download will begin automatically; wait for it to complete.
- Double-click the compressed file and follow the prompts to complete installation.
- Launch Waves Central and log in to your account on the top right corner.
- Choose “Easy Install and Activate.”
- Let’s recall our situation as shown in the video demonstrations:
This means we now need to install our new V10 software and update our old V9 software to V10. Checkmark all three V10 licenses and click “Install & Activate.”
- a. We have three V10 licenses in our account.
- b. We still have older V9 software installed on this system.
- A message will appear:
- a. If you have only V9 licenses, it is important that you exit at this point.
- b. If you have a mix of V9 and V10 licenses, click “Install without updating” – and only your V10 software will be installed.
- c. If all your products have V10 licenses, click "Install and update existing products." This is our scenario in the video, and it will update any exiting V9 software on your system to V10.
- In the next prompt, Waves Central wants to make sure that you understand that V10 software requires V10 licenses, and that you have V10 licenses.
If you are still not sure what you have – click “Update Licenses” – this will take you to a wizard-type webpage which will help you manage your license versions and installations and take the right steps.
If you know you do not have any V10 licenses - click "Cancel" at this point and do not install any V10 software.
In our case, we have only V10 licenses, so we’ll click "Continue."
- You’ll be prompted to enter a password – this is your computer's user login. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Once complete, you’ll be prompted again. If you still have any V9 licenses, click "No" to keep the relevant V9 software installed on your system and run both versions side by side.
In our case in the video – we have updated all our V9 licenses to V10, so we can safely remove the V9 software by clicking YES.
That’s it: you can now load your V10 plugins in your DAW.
Thank you for watching. If you have any questions or need any assistance in this process, please contact us here and we will gladly assist.