Learn how to solve the error message “Waves Local Server is not Connected”.
'Waves Local Server’ is an important Waves process responsible for logging into applications such as StudioVerse or COSMOS, and properly loading the plugins.
When it is not able to connect to its database, the plugins or applications may not function properly.
If you receive this 'Waves Local Server is not connected’ error message, please follow the steps below. After each step, try loading the plugin or application that the message initially popped up in to see if the issue is resolved.
- Repair the installation from Waves Central:
- Quit any host.
- Launch Waves Central and go to the Settings page.
- Click Repair.
- Check if your Antivirus or Firewall programs are blocking Waves Local Server. If they are, create an exception or temporarily disable the program.
- If you are connected to the internet via a proxy, temporarily disable it.
Go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click the LAN Settings button and uncheck Use proxy server for your LAN.
Go to the System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies tab.
Under Proxies, make sure nothing is checked in the list.
- If you are connected via a business network, ask your IT department or internet service provider whether something might be preventing Waves Central from connecting to our servers.
None of the above worked? Please contact Tech Support.