If you are trying to use your SoundGrid server in a Waves host application but the server does not appear in the inventory, follow these steps:
Check equipment compatibility
- Make sure you are using a supported switch model. See a list of qualified network switches for SoundGrid systems.
- Make sure you are using supported cable types and lengths. See a list of Ethernet cables for SoundGrid systems.
Make sure the server powers up properly
- The front power light should be on and solid.
- Look through the fan opening into the server (might not be possible on all models). The internal light should be on and solid.
- Look at the back of the server and locate the Network Interface Card (NIC). You should see one solid light and one blinking light.
- You should be able to hear fan noise when the server is on.
- If the server does not power up at all, replace the power cable and try a different power outlet.
Bypass the switch
Connect the server directly to your computer’s Ethernet port.
If you are using any adapters (i.e. Ethernet to Thunderbolt/USB3), try different ones.
Try using different Ethernet cables and see if the server appears in the inventory.
Server still not appearing in inventory?
If none of the above worked and your server still does not appear in the inventory, make sure you have the following items ready:
- USB flash drive that can be formatted (note that all data will be lost after formatting)
- Display monitor (VGA/DVI/HDMI)
- Computer keyboard
Once you have the above items ready, contact Waves Tech Support.