SoundGrid Rack for Venue V10
- SoundGrid Rack for VENUE V10 is compatible with V10 plugins only.
- Virtual Instrument plugins (VSTi) are not supported.
- Surround plugins are not supported.
- The following plugins are not supported (not SoundGrid-compatible):
- Dugan Automixer
- Dugan Speech
- GTR3 ToolRack
- L3-16 Multimaximizer
- OneKnob Pumper
- Waves Tune
- Waves Tune LT
- SoundGrid Rack for VENUE V10 is not compatible with X10 models of Waves SoundGrid servers shipped after June 2022. It is compatible with previous server models (X9 and below) shipped before June 2022.
General SoundGrid Network Notes
- SoundGrid is a ‘private’ network: in order to have a clean network stream, the SoundGrid network should not be used to run any non-SoundGrid applications. Using non-SoundGrid protocols on the same network that carries SoundGrid audio might result in audio drops, application freezes, and other unexpected results.
- It is recommended to temporarily disconnect all Stage Racks and I/O Sharing when updating Waves component firmware
- If you downgrade SoundGrid Rack for VENUE from V14 back to V10, the WSG-HD I/O will not pass audio.
Workaround: Force-update the I/O’s firmware by holding Shift+F and clicking on the FW button on the I/O’s slot. Refer to this Support article for instructions.
- If you copy/paste plugins to an insert slot that already contains a plugin within SoundGrid Rack for VENUE, the ‘Undo’ button in the SoundGrid Rack toolbar may not recover the previously inserted plugin.
- In plugins with linked controls: Adjusting one of the linked controls might not adjust the other linked controls properly.
- Manny Marroquin Reverb: preset loading may be slow.
- When the SoundGrid Inventory is accessed via SoundGrid Rack for VENUE, the Inventory window may be hidden behind the SoundGrid Rack window.
Workaround: Click on a different tab in VENUE to reveal the SoundGrid Inventory.
- Switching snapshots while loading sessions will cause a corruption in SoundGrid Rack for VENUE.
- GTR Stomp, Scheps Omni Channel: Switching plugins inserted within these plugins via snapshots will not work. Stationary settings are supported and will load and change as snapshots are switched.
- Plugins’ gain reduction meters are not mapped to VENUE meters.