How to Run Waves Plugins on Mac OS Lion 10.7 to 10.7.5
Last updated on: 2/9/2016 5:43:30 AM
To run Waves plugins on Mac OS Lion 10.7 to 10.7.5, you must use a Waves V9.3 offline installer, which only includes Waves products released until September 10, 2015.
If you wish to use Waves plugins V9.6 or higher, please update you Mac OS to a more recent version. If this is not an option, please follow these instructions:
Install Waves v9.3
- Quit your DAW.
- Download and run the Waves V9.3 Installer for Mac.
- From the Installation Type menu, check the plugins or bundles for which you have licenses, and complete the installation process. Note that non-bundled plugins are listed under the Single plugins category.
If your licenses are already activated to a USB flash drive, connect your flash drive and you’re all set.
If your licenses are not yet activated to a USB flash drive:
- On a computer with an operating system that supports the Waves Central application (OS X 10.8.5–10.11; Windows 7/8.1/10 - 64bit), download and install Waves Central for Mac | Windows.
- Connect your USB flash drive to the computer running Waves Central.
- Launch Waves Central.
Windows: via the desktop shortcut or Start Menu > All Programs > Waves
Mac: Applications > Waves Central
- Log into Waves Central using your Waves account information.
- Click Manage Licenses.
- In the left panel, click My License Cloud.
- In the middle panel, select the products you wish to activate.
- In the right-hand panel, select your USB flash drive.
- Click Send Licenses.
- Connect your USB flash drive to the Mac OS 10.7/10.7.5 computer.
Please note that products released after September 10, 2015 will not be added to the v9.3 installer. Check our Release Notes for specific information.
To manage your licenses after they have been activated, use the Manage Licenses section of the Waves Central application.