Reactivate & Recover Licenses
Last updated on: 11/30/2015 9:44:42 AM
Waves Central offers you a simple way to recover licenses for lost, stolen, or damaged USB flash drives or computers.
- Launch Waves Central and log in using your Waves account information.
- From the top menu, click on Licenses > Recover Licenses.
- In the left-hand panel, click on the lost / stolen / damaged device.
- In the middle panel, select the licenses to recover.
- In the right-hand panel, click on your computer or USB flash drive.
- Click Recover Licenses.
Your Waves licenses are now recovered.
Note that each license can be recovered only once a year. If you later find or retrieve a device for which a license has been recovered, connect it to your computer, and log into Waves Central; the license recovery period (1 year) will automatically reset.
In the event a replaced license is found, transfer of ownership or sale of the found license is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy will result in the revocation of license recovery privileges for the associated account.
Here's how to reactivate licenses if you reformat your hard drive, reinstall the operating system, or install a new hard drive.
As long as the computer itself is the same, there is no need to recover your licenses as described above.
- If your licenses were activated to a USB flash drive, just connect it and you're good to go.
- If your licenses were activated to the computer, make sure it's connected to the Internet, launch Waves Central and log into your account. Your licenses will be reactivated automatically.
- If your licenses were activated to a USB flash drive which has since been reformatted, connect it to your computer, launch Waves Central and log into your account. Your licenses will be reactivated automatically.