Network Switches for SoundGrid Systems
Last updated on: 6/22/2017 7:33:30 AM
Consult this page for up-to-date information on network switches that can be used in a SoundGrid audio networking and processing system.
Take special note of the specific model and version of the switch – some versions work well, others don’t. To ensure compatibility, we recommend that you obtain the switches through Waves.
- Cisco SG300-10PP (with SFP module MGBSX1 & fiber optics cables for distances of up to 300m/984ft)
- HP1920-8G (JG920A) 8-port switch (with SFP module MGBSX1 & fiber optics cables for distances of up to 300m/984ft)
- HP 1410-16G (J9560A) 16-port switch
- HP 1410-8G (J9559A) 8-port switch
- HP 1405-5G (JD869A) 5-port switch
- HP ProCurve 1810-24G (J9450A) 24-port switch
- NETGEAR GS108 V4 8-Port Switch
DiGiCo SD console users: When powered or restarted, this switch may lose connections on its ports. To solve this issue, disconnect and reconnect the switch’s Ethernet cables.
- NETWGEAR JGS516 v2 - 16-Port Switch (learn how to use this switch with DiGiCo SD consoles)
- NETGEAR ProSAFE GS108 v3
- TP-Link TL-SG108 (v2.0) 8-port switch (not supported with DiGiCo SD consoles)
- TP-Link TL-SG1016 (v10.0) 16-port switch
Make sure to connect to these switches the supported types and lengths of Ethernet cables for SoundGrid systems.