How to Use Waves Plugin Presets
Last updated on: 10/25/2016 11:28:15 AM
Waves plugin presets are managed via the WaveSystem Toolbar, where you can load factory presets and setup files and even create and save your own user presets and setup files. (Setup files contain more than one preset.)
In case you can’t find your presets (whether factory or user-created), please make sure you are using the WaveSystem toolbar’s ‘Load’ button, rather than your host application’s preset menu.
To learn more, please refer to the WaveSystem user manual.
User Presets locations:
User presets are saved in the following location:
- Windows: C:\Users\Public\Waves Audio\Plug-In Settings
- Mac: System HD > Users > Shared > Waves > Plug-In Settings
- DiGiCo Consoles: D:\Waves\Plug-Ins V9\Plug-In Settings
They are not deleted if you uninstall Waves from your computer.
Some plugins come with additional presets available in the ‘Setup Libraries’ folder:
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Setup Libraries
- Mac: Applications > Waves > Data > Setup Libraries
- DiGiCo Consoles: D:\Waves\Data\Setup Libraries
There, organized by various topics, you’ll find banks of setup files which can be loaded via the WaveSystem Toolbar > Load > Open preset file.