How to Move Pre-Installed Instrument Samples to a Different Location
Last updated on: 9/13/2017 4:25:12 AM
For most of Waves’ sample based instruments (all but Grand Rhapsody Piano), the SD samples library is placed in a default location when installing the instrument.
SD sample libraries — default location
Each instrument has its own folder in the following path:
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Instrument Data
- Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Data > Instrument Data
For example: the SD samples for Electric Grand 80 Piano on Windows are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Instrument Data\ElectricG80.
Moving sample libraries
- Go to the above location and locate the SD samples folder/s you wish to move.
- Move the folder/s to any desired location – internal or external hard drive. It’s possible to rename the folder/s (i.e. “ElectricG80 SD Samples”).
- Launch the instrument as stand-alone or load it in your host application.
- If prompted to Locate the samples folder, go to the new location, highlight the SD samples folder and click on Select folder/Open.