eMotion LV1 Live Mixer – Support Notes
Last updated on: 2/6/2018 7:29:35 AM
This page summarizes key improvements and main issues solved in the latest version of the eMotion LV1 live mixer. It also presents existing issues, some with workarounds, that we are working to solve.
We will update this page on an ongoing basis as more issues are solved. We encourage you to contact Waves Live Support and report any issue you may encounter.
Issues in Earlier LV1 Versions – Fixed in LV1 v9.14
Devices and Network
- I/O devices did not always sync when sessions with multiple device assignments were loaded – Issue fixed in v9.14.
- Second control surface sometimes showed a mismatch between labels and faders – Issue fixed in v9.14.
- The wrong master clock device was occasionally selected when a session was loaded, or when a device was reassigned – Issue fixed in v9.14.
Sessions, Scenes & Presets
- Some sessions loaded with wrong mixer settings (fader positions, Sends on/off etc.) – issue fixed in v22.214.171.1244.
- Input channels and sidechains occasionally lost their patching after a session was loaded – Issue fixed in v9.14.
- Aux busses occasionally failed to pass audio after a session was loaded – Issue fixed in v9.14.
- Talkback assignment presets were occasionally lost after a session was loaded – Issue fixed in v9.14.
Please note: eMotion LV1 v9.14 will recall only the last active talkback assignment preset from sessions originating in earlier LV1 versions.
- "Recall Scene” would change all preamp settings for a device, even if only one preamp channel was modified – Issue fixed in v9.14.
- Rack Preset files saved in MultiRack or StudioRack can’t be imported into LV1 – Issue fixed in v126.96.36.199.
- The most recent channel parameters will not be not saved in the session if the channels are not in the scope of the most recently loaded scene or are in ‘recall safe.’ – Issue fixed in v188.8.131.52.
- External inserts may lose their patching after a session is loaded – Issue fixed in v184.108.40.206.
- Delay compensation did not always function properly on mix busses following routing or patch – Issue fixed in v9.14.
- Memory and system resource overflows sometimes led to sluggish control behavior and application hangs – Issue fixed in v9.14.
LV1 Software Freezes or Quits
- Re-launching the LV1 right after it was closed may cause the application to quit upon startup – Issue fixed in v220.127.116.11.
Known Issues in eMotion LV1 v9.14 – Fixes TBA
We are currently working on solutions for these issues. We will update the page as more issues are solved. For some of the issues, we recommend the workarounds below.
Devices and Network
- Following a firmware update, some devices (I/Os or servers) may not automatically be assigned after restart. Their status will display FREE instead of ON.
Workaround: Remove the device marked FREE and re-assign it to the same slot. All settings will be retained.
- Control surfaces using Mackie protocol may show a status of N/A while they are actually working as expected. Some control surfaces may lose focus when toggling OS focus to another supporting host application.
Sessions, Scenes & Presets
- Plugins might not load from a rack preset on a talkback channel.
Workaround: Use plugin presets rather than channel rack presets.
- When loading a session created in the LV1 32- or 16-channel configuration onto a 64-channel configuration, the Matrix channels might not reset from their previous state.
Workaround: Load an empty session with the larger channel configuration (e.g., 64 channels) in order to reset all parameters, and only then load the session with the smaller channel configuration (e.g., 32 or 16 channels).
- Recalling a scene that changes the internal routing of a channel may cause an audio glitch if that channel has latency (due to routing or plugins).
Workaround: Set internal routing to Recall Safe and/or remove it from the scope of a scene.
- No Scope or Recall Safe for direct output source selection, even though these can change with scene change.
- When an input preamp is assigned to more than one channel, a Gain control value change will affect a channel that is set as Recall Safe if any of the other channels are not set as Recall Safe.
- Session notes do not load on Mac El Capitan and Sierra.
- High-latency plugins may produce small clicks when bypassed from a scene parameter change.
LV1 Software Freezes or Quits
- Disabling Scheps Omni Channel in a channel rack while eMo D5 Dynamics is used as an insert of the Scheps Omni Channel, LV1 may hang or crash.
Workaround: Avoid using eMo D5 Dynamics in Scheps Omni Channel.
- In some cases control surfaces using Mackie protocol become unresponsive. LV1 may crash when removing the device from the Inventory.
Workaround: Avoid removing the device from the Inventory and continue to use LV1 with touch capabilities only. Restart the computer when possible.
- If you have a session created in eMotion LV1 v9.14 and up, and you want to load it on earlier LV1 versions (v18.104.22.1684–22.214.171.124), follow these steps in order for the session to load properly. Not following these steps may cause the LV1 application to quit.
In all the following cases, audio will continue. Once the LV1 software recovers, a recovery message will appear allowing the user to time when re-connection occurs. Re-connection will cause the LV1 to mute for a few seconds.
- While GTR Stomp 6 or GTR ToolRack are open for editing, they cover a part of the plugin rack. Clicking on another plugin in the chain may cause the LV1 to quit.
Workaround: Close the plugin view before opening a different plugin for editing.
- Adding or enabling multiple Flux plugins (using Alt or Link) may cause the LV1 to quit. We recommend that you avoid multiple operations on Flux plugins.
- Using a user-assignable key to view a specific channel while a control’s value box is open for text entry—on a plugin or on a Mixer/Channel view—may cause the LV1 to quit. We recommend that you avoid this specific scenario.
- Mac El Capitan and Sierra only:
- LV1 may freeze when left On unattended for hours. In such a case, restart the LV1 software.
- LV1 may quit when a primary or extension monitor is disconnected or shut down during operation.
- Engaging both the ALT and the CTRL keys at the same time on the Mixer window will cause the LV1 to freeze. In such a case, restart the LV1 software.
- CUE bus output may distort after recovering from a crash.
Workaround: Toggle CUE on/off on any of the channels feeding the bus.
- Using multi-touch within the Scheps Omni Channel interface may lead to unresponsive interface.
Workaround: Touching or clicking outside the Scheps Omni Channel interface will regain interface control.
- Filter "link" breaks when "Channel Filters" are assigned to Scheps Omni Channel.
Workaround: For "link" operation, link the plugin's controls rather than the channel controls.
- In Channel view, Scheps Omni Channel's gain-reduction will not show if eMo D5 Dynamics is inserted in the rack.
- On Windows, if a high contrast theme is selected, some controls may appear unresponsive.
Workaround: Windows' High Contrast themes are not supported in LV1. Under Settings > Ease of Access > Color & high contrast select 'None' as the 'High contrast' theme.
If color adjustment is necessary for operation, work with ‘color filters’ (like grayscale, invert, etc).
- Collapsible/expandable plugins are not automatically centered in the Plugin Pane after collapsing/expanding the plugin interface.
Workaround: Go to main Channel view (Back to Main) or select a different plugin from the Rack and return to view the former plugin - it will now be centered.
- If a third-party plugin is opened for editing before any Waves plugin on the same channel has been opened, the Channel window display will appear corrupted in the Channel window.
Workaround: To edit the plugin, go to Channel view, open any Waves plugin for editing, and then toggle to view the third-party plugin. If GUI corruption has already occurred, you will need to restart the LV1 software in order to restore the GUI.
- Rack Mode graphics may disappear after you toggle the layers while aux sends are in ‘sends on faders’ mode.
Workaround: Toggle to another mode and then back to Rack mode.
- Mac El Capitan and Sierra only: Controls and meters may behave sluggishly.
- When changing scenes, the new settings will affect the audio a few seconds before the graphics update.
- When 50 scenes or more are stored, audio and graphics load times may slow down.
- Moving plugins with high latency between channels may cause an audible artifact.
- Changing sample rate may take longer than a minute, depending on sample rate and number of devices.
- The redundant server may take 4-12 seconds to take over, depending on session complexity.
Additional Support Notes
The following are not bugs. Rather, they are features you should be aware of when operating the LV1:
- On scene change, if different plugins are used in Scheps Omni Channel Insert slot, DSP load will change accordingly and may cause a short audio drop.
- LV1’s Mute All function is instant. There is no prompt or audible warning asking whether you are sure you want to mute all channels.
- Loading a preset with a new plugin rack configuration (different plugins or different plugin order) will override and propagate the settings to all the scenes.
- Dugan Speech’s per-channel On/Off state does not change with scenes. Use Dugan Speech’s Auto Control On/Off to toggle per-channel operation with scenes.
- Assigning to mono Matrix from a source channel in the Mixer, Channel or Patch windows will always assign L+R, even if it was previously set to another option from Matrix mixer. When specific routings are required for Matrix "left only," "right only," or "all (L+R)," they can be set and muted only from the Matrix mixer on the Channel window.
- Any computer that connects to eMotion LV1 as an audio source or destination should be using SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio Driver v9.99.175 or higher. The SoundGrid driver version is listed at the bottom of the Driver Control Panel window.