Computer Appears as Disconnected Device in Waves Central
Last updated on: 7/12/2016 4:45:53 AM
If you cannot manage your licenses in Waves Central because your computer appears as a disconnected device, these are the possible reasons and solutions.
Central recognizes computers by their Network Interface Card’s (NIC) MAC address.
Hardware MAC addresses are assigned at manufacturing and cannot be changed.
In light of the above, it may be that:
- You are using a different computer.
- The NIC or motherboard was replaced, in which case Waves Central is "seeing" your computer as a different machine.
- You were using an NIC which is now disabled.
- You were using some kind of adapter (i.e. Thunderbolt to Ethernet, USB wireless adapter etc.) which is now disconnected.
- If you are using a different computer and have access to the first one, please follow the instructions in the Move Licenses article. In case you don't have access to the first computer, use the Recover Licenses option from within Central.
- If you are using the same computer and simply changed the way you are connected to the internet, revert to the way it was before.
In case reverting doesn’t work, try the following:
- Disable all network adapters except for one:
Windows: Control Panel > Device Manager
Mac: System Preferences > Network
- In Waves Central, click “Refresh” (top right of middle column).
- Repeat the above steps, enabling a different adapter each time until your computer appears in the “Select Source” section.
- Once done, you can re-enable all network adapters.
None of the above has worked? Please contact Waves Tech Support.