Use of Personal Information
Waves uses the personal data to create accounts and allow users to register their products, to process transactions, to operate and optimize our Services, to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience, to fulfill specific requests and to send its customers other account-related information.
In addition, the personal data provided to Waves will allow it to send the users messages regarding, among other things, updates, new products, features, enhancements, special and promotional offers, upgrade opportunities and events of interest.
Waves may also use personal data to
- Better understand the behavior and preferences of its customers;
- Identify, suggest and enable communication and connections with other Waves users and personalize our Services;
- Provide technical support and respond to inquiries;
- Help create a safer and more trusted environment for our customers by preventing fraud or potentially illegal activities;
- Deliver and enforce our Terms of Service;
- Target and serve static and dynamic advertising;
- Solicit input and feedback to improve Waves products and Services and their content;
- Ensure proper functioning of our products and Services;
- Manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- Administer surveys or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with customers;
- Enforce our agreements with third parties and conduct research.
Collection Of Personal Information
The type of personal data collected in accordance with the Service may vary depending on the activity and may include:
- First and last name (or the name you have associated with your device);
- Telephone number;
- Transaction identifiers for purchases;
- Email address used to login the Waves account;
- Profile picture;
- Age and date of birth;
- Information about the hardware you may own;
- If applicable, physical geolocation and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- Occupation (e.g. studio engineer, live sound engineer);
- Audio software used (e.g. Pro-tools, Live)
- zip code;
- area code;
- Time zone where a Service is used;
- Information about the computer used;
- software and platform used;
- Incident data;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Network Media Access Control (MAC) address and connection;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring pages, landing pages, exit pages and URLs;
- Number of clicks;
- Domain names;
- Pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- Statistics about your interactions with the Service, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of this activity
Waves may also receive public information from third parties in connection with market and demographic studies and/or data that Waves may use to supplement personal information provided directly by the customer.
Waves may send periodic emails. The email address Users provide for order processing will be used only to send them information and updates pertaining to their order or to respond to their inquiries, requests or questions. Users who decide to opt into Waves’ mailing list will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Users who wish unsubscribe from the list may do so at any time by following the detailed instructions found at the bottom of each email they receive from Waves.
Waves will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
In addition to the direct Service, Waves uses personal information that people voluntary provide to:
- Reply to user’s request of information regarding Waves products and services;
- Allow candidates to apply for a job through Waves' site.
In all cases of data access and collection, the information provided will not be disclosed, rented, loaned, leased, sold, or otherwise voluntarily distributed to unaffiliated third parties and will be used solely for the purpose stated herein.
Cross-Border Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Data
As part of its international operations, Waves may transfer personal data to its Affiliates from time to time for our legitimate business purposes.
Waves transfers personal data to a third country only if the controller or processor has provided appropriate safeguards, and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available.
Personal data collected may also be processed by Waves' employees operating outside of the EU or one of its Affiliates or vendors. This staff may be engaged in processing transactions and payment details or provisioning support services. Waves vendors are carefully vetted through a vendor assessment procedure and are legally committed to comply with relevant regulations.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Waves does not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless upon specific consent to such disclosure.
Waves may pass Personal Information to third parties who help Waves to maintain, administer or develop the site, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. Waves may share Users’ information with such third parties, for those limited purposes, for a limited time and only subject to Users’ permission.
Waves discloses Personal Information to third parties only if they have satisfactory measures to protect Personal Information.
Links To Third Parties’ Sites
Waves may include or offer links to third party products or services. Waves does not control the content or links that appear on such other sites and is not responsible for the practices they employ. These parties should have separate and independent privacy policies, and Waves has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Waves is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Waves does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without their parents' or guardians’ consent. Waves relies upon the accuracy of information provided by the controller to determine age.
Private data is collected and processed by Waves only upon specific consent of the data subjects, unless another legal basis applies.
Waves maintains accurate customer records.
Data subjects may request to modify their Personal Information at any time by submitting a request through the support portal.
Deletion of Personal Information
Waves supports the Data subjects' "Right to be forgotten".
Data subjects may request to remove their Personal Information at any time by submitting a request through the support portal.
Waves may be required to retain some information for legal or other reasons as follows:
- Waves will retain customer’s purchase history as required by any applicable laws.
- Waves may be required to retain information regarding participation in demos in order to prevent fraud and abuse of our demo programs.
To manage the information Waves receives about its users from social networks like Facebook, users will need to follow the instructions at the relevant sites for updating your information and changing your privacy settings.
Protecting your Information
Waves follows appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and suitable security measures in order to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and all other data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a secured SSL communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.