Watch how mixer Dave Darlington (Avicii, Sting) uses the Abbey Road Vinyl plugin to give a digital recording the lively, focused sound of a vinyl record.
In this video, Darlington goes over these features of the vinyl plugin, applied to different sections of the same song:
- Lacquer (acetate disc) vs. Print (pressed vinyl record)
- Choice of 2 turntables, 3 cartridges / needles
- TG12410 mastering desk
- Wow and flutter
- Vinyl noise, pop and crackle
- Phase distortion
- Tone arm position and its effect on harmonic distortion
- Turntable slow-down/stop mechanism
It is recommended that you use good monitors and headphones when watching this video!