Tricks of the Mix: Find out how to bring that extra something to your mix using Waves plugins, brought to you by Waves Artists, Product Specialists and enthusiasts like yourself.
Here’s how you can easily create sidechain pumping, analog delay pitch modulation, and “screaming” modular effects using the Waves Element virtual analog synth:
1. To create a sidechain pumping effect:
- In the MOD MATRIX section, assign LFO3 to the destination VCA.
- In the LFO 3 section, set the waveform TYPE to Saw Up.
- In the LFO 3 section, set the TIME to quarter notes (1/4).
2. To create a “screaming” modular effect:
- In the MOD MATRIX section, assign LFO3 to a destination such as Global Pitch.
- In the MOD MATRIX section, assign LFO4 to the destination LFO3 Rate.
- In the LFO 3 section, set the waveform TYPE to Pulse.
- In the LFO 4 section, set the waveform TYPE to Triangle.
3. To create an analog delay pitch modulation effect:
- In the FX section, set FEEDBACK substantially high (and make sure that the adjacent MIX knob is turned sufficiently high as well).
- In the MOD MATRIX section, assign any of the LFOs to the destination Delay Time.
Element Virtual Analog Synth